Healthcare Assistants are appropriately trained clinicians who support practice nurses with their daily work and work to protocols in order to undertake various tasks such as:
- Urine testing
- Blood Pressure measurements
- 24 Hour Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Simple dressings
- Assist with minor operations
- Smoking Cessation Advice
- NHS Patient Health Checks
- ECG recording
- Phlebotomy (taking blood)
- Flu vaccinations – working under Patient Specific Directions
- B12 injections – working under Patient Specific Directions
- To act as a chaperone as required
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.