This practice has been accredited as being suitable for the training of those doctors intending to become general practitioners.
This means that the practice and doctors have had to achieve a number of standards which have been assessed by the GP Deanery for Kent, Surrey and Sussex, acting on behalf of the national organisation (the Postgraduate Medical Education Board)
These are some points for your information:-
- Those doctors training to become GPs are called GP registrars. They are employed by one of the doctors here, who will be their trainer.
- The GP registrar is a fully qualified doctor who is likely to have a lot of experience of hospital medicine.
- Sometimes other doctors are also trained and supported in the practice.
- If you are seeing this doctor you can expect to receive the quality of service you would from your own GP. If you have any concerns please mention this to a member of staff.
- In order for the GP registrars to successfully complete their training they need to be assessed on their consulting skills. This is done by the appointed assessors viewing a video of the registrar's consultations. You may be asked for your permission to have your consultation in this way. If you agree, you will need to give your written permission and there is a consent form available at the desk, which you will be offered. If the doctor appears to be recording the consultation and you have not signed a consent form, then you should indicate this to him or her immediately. The recording will be used for educational purposes only. Further information about this process and the confidentiality of it, can be obtained from the reception staff.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.