Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.
Isn't the NHS supposed to be free?
The NHS provides most health care to most people free of charge but there are exceptions such as prescription charges which have existed since 1951. The charge is made because the cost of the service is not covered under the NHS, such as medical reports for insurance companies.
The Government's contract with the GP covers medical services to NHS patients. Organisations such as insurance companies involve GPs in non-medical work because they are in a position of trust in the community or because an employer wants to be sure that the information provided is true.
What are the costs?
- Fees for copies of health records of living patients - Up to a maximum of £50.00
- Fees to allow patients access to their own health records where no copy is required - Up to a maximum of £10.00
- We have a range of certificates and claim forms; Holiday Cancellation forms, insurance certificates, Insurance claim forms etc. Which usually range from £30.00 - £63.00
- Extract from records £67.00
- Report on a pro forma, no examination £89.50
- Written report without examination, providing a detailed opinion and statement on the condition of the patient £133.00
For a more detailed price list please contact us by email
We accept cash and cheques supported by a cheque guarantee card.
VAT no. 881 3610 26
This pricelist has been taken from the BMA website, for more information, click here.
INDEX - Services
- Online Consultation
- The NHS App
- Clinics & Services
- Test Results
- e-Referral Service
- Electronic Prescription Service
- Cardiology Services
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Flu Vaccination
- Other NHS Therapy Services
- Private Fees
- Private Therapists
- Screening Services
- Summary Care Record
- Travel Clinic
- Find NHS Services
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.