Access to Medical Records
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and Access to Health Records Act, patients may request to see their medical records. No information will be released without the patient consent unless we are legally obliged to do so.
You have the right to get a copy of information that is held about you:
This is known as a subject access request. Please note:
- You can sign up for secure online access to your full GP electronic record
- You can then look at your medical record whenever you want.
If you wish to make a subject access request then:
- You can do this in writing (letter or email)
- You can download and fill in the subject access form below if easier
- You can make such a request verbally to a member of staff or a doctor or nurse that you are consulting with at the practice.
Please let us know exactly what information you would like. We will provide the information within 28 calendar days. There is usually no fee for this (from 25th May).
We will also provide you with a link to supplementary information which for nearly all requests will be the detailed privacy notice for our GP records database. (EMIS Health Ltd)